CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Fourth to remember!

Well, Dan, Travis and Brandi all flew back to San Diego today! It is sad to have them leave, and then Keegan will leave on Thursday. Truthfully, the six day respite will be nice, although I know for certain I will be lonely without them.

Travis and Brandi arrived last Wednesday night, we couldn't wait for them to arrive and to share in this treasure called Loon Lake. Happily it was still light enough for them to see the lake and enjoy a glass of wine lakeside before going to bed.

Shane came out from Spokane and spent some time here on Friday and Saturday. We have some wonderful pictures from our Fourth of July boat parade! I am hopeful that Colleen or Kelli will help me figure out how to share them with all of you!

We had a fun time last night, TJ and B's last night. We drove our boats over for delicious halibut and chips at Shore Acres. First many of the adults did a little wine tasting and then after dinner danced on the sand...it was a blast! We came back and had a little fire on the sand in front of our "cabin" and went to bed rather late. **of course leave it to the Devlin/Altig teens to have a little too much fun with the fireworks. Mind you, they are legal here in Stevens County, but not allowed in Granite Point Park...so you can guess where they decided to shoot the last remaining few...yep, right here on our sandy beach! Of course we caught the dickens for it, which meant ME since I am the one to stay up until all are cozy in bed.

I have decided I am a little too old for consecutive late nights complete with partaking in holiday cheer! So for tonight I am going to do my best to try and get a good nights sleep, although it will not be easy without my Danny here with me.

Oh great...just heard the snap and pop of more fireworks, I jumped up as fast as a cheetah waiting for its kill...knocking my verizon wireless connector and laptop to the floor.Fortunately my blog could be retreived once I discovered that the boys were safely discharging the fun at least 6 feet from the shore and from Keegan's fishing boat. Thanks to Uncle Tom taking Chase and Keegan to Ford for the "real" fireworks the fourth of July really isn't over. I kind of hope Colleen and Tom are hearing this for their benefit! Ha, ha...
More again soon. Love from Loon....

3 comments:

The Princess Diaries said...

I have tagged you look at my blog to see what that means!!

Big people, Little world said...

Hi Kel Bel,

I don't know what tagging me means?
HELP!! I love you...I hope you know that.Aunt Terri

VisitBatesNutFarm said...

Terri,
Thank you for sharing your home away from home. I really enjoyed it all. This is the first blog I have ever been on. I am quite impressed! We miss you! Wish I was with you in Washington! You're awesome.
Sherrie Ness