I have no idea if you can read what was written on the curbside before the race, but a handicapped person came by, leaned down and with yellow chalk wrote "LIVE STRONG" which of course is Lance Armstrong's charity saying. I do wish you could read it...sorry.
Today was a very exciting day here in No. San Diego County! Escondido was the finishing choice for the finish to the Tour of California bicycle race. Escondido was chosen because Palomar Mountain is considered one of the best mountains for racing, along with mountains in the Alps! Why? Because it does not have any flat areas, a continuous climb that I guess people who are addicted to the challenge of bicycling.
At noon we walked a short three block and saw the bikers pass only 45 minutes from their start in Rancho Bernardo and only a couple of miles from the start of their incline on Lake Wohlford road to Valley Center.
We scrambled and went downtown Escondido where we met a LARGE crowd of people who turned out to support this event. It was thrilling to see such a great turnout for Escondido during these hard economic times.
I took pictures and I hope you'll enjoy a little bit of what we enjoyed today! Do you remember my last blog showing snow on Mt. Palomar? Well, today there was still some snow there according to the news broadcast.
At noon we walked a short three block and saw the bikers pass only 45 minutes from their start in Rancho Bernardo and only a couple of miles from the start of their incline on Lake Wohlford road to Valley Center.
We scrambled and went downtown Escondido where we met a LARGE crowd of people who turned out to support this event. It was thrilling to see such a great turnout for Escondido during these hard economic times.
I took pictures and I hope you'll enjoy a little bit of what we enjoyed today! Do you remember my last blog showing snow on Mt. Palomar? Well, today there was still some snow there according to the news broadcast.
3 comments:
How fun! It reminds me of the time that Tom and I watched the finish of the ironman in CDA. Isn't it inspiring????
Miss and LOVE YOU! c
Hi Terri, So glad you were able to see some of the race!!!...Ter never left the house, was doing yard work all day long!....& stuck between 11:00-5:00 at the house! :).....And we were still trying to put away what we brought down yesterday!...I nver want to move again, but so adore this house & location!...Stop by anytime this week if you can!....LOve, heidi XO
Hi Terri, So glad you were able to see some of the race!!!...Ter never left the house, was doing yard work all day long!....& stuck between 11:00-5:00 at the house! :).....And we were still trying to put away what we brought down yesterday!...I nver want to move again, but so adore this house & location!...Stop by anytime this week if you can!....LOve, heidi XO
Post a Comment